- IP to Startups
- Biomedical Research Cores
The ORC is pleased to announce its internship program where Rutgers postdoctoral trainees and senior graduate students interested in pursuing alternative careers in Intellectual Property Law, Business Development, and/or Academic Technology Transfer are invited to apply to the internship program.
- Minimum of 2 semesters commitment to the program
- Ability to dedicate 5‐10 hours/week: 2‐3 hours to be spent in our office (33 Knightsbridge Road, Piscataway), and 3-7 hours to be spent carrying out research remotely
- Approval of your PI or Advisor (signature required on application)
Elements of the Program:
The program will begin Friday, October 5, 2018 at 2:30pm. It will begin with several lecture-style sessions on Intellectual Property Law, Invention Evaluation, Contracts/Agreements relevant for academic Tech Transfer, Technical Writing, Marketing and Licensing. After each session, assignments will be given. Participants will be expected to reach a certain level of expertise to carry out basic invention evaluation and marketing independently with minor supervision.
What you will learn:
You will be exposed to the exciting world of Intellectual Property; you will learn the necessary steps that are needed in order to effectively protect and commercialize the results of scientific research. You will learn how to evaluate an Invention Disclosure, prepare Non-Confidential Summaries, and identify and reach out to prospective licensees. You will learn about negotiation of the business terms of various agreements that govern Technology Transfer in an academic university.
How to Apply:
In order to be considered for the program, please:
- Fill out the Application Form
- Attach your CV
- Include a brief statement on the nature of your interest
- Send all to email@example.com
- Application Deadline: Friday, September 28, 2018
Applications will be reviewed and interviews may be conducted as needed.