- IP to Startups
- Biomedical Research Cores
Research Commercialization is pleased to announce its internship program where Rutgers postdoctoral trainees and senior graduate students interested in pursuing alternative careers in Intellectual Property Law, Business Development, and/or Academic Technology Transfer are invited to apply to the internship program.
- Minimum of 2 semesters commitment to the program
- Ability to dedicate 5‐10 hours/week: 2‐3 hours attending lectures or meeting with Research Commercialization staff remotely; additional 3-7 hours to be spent carrying out projects
- Approval of your PI or Advisor (signature required on application)
The program will begin Tuesday, September 22, 2020 at 3 p.m. with several lecture-style sessions on Intellectual Property Law, Invention Evaluation, Contracts/Agreements relevant for academic Tech Transfer, Technical Writing, Marketing and Licensing. Assignments will be given after each session. Participants will be expected to reach a certain level of expertise to carry out basic invention evaluation and marketing independently with minor supervision.
Through this internship, you will be exposed to the exciting world of Intellectual Property and learn the necessary steps to effectively protect and commercialize the results of scientific research. You will also learn how to evaluate an Invention Disclosure, prepare Non-Confidential Summaries, and identify and reach out to prospective licensees. And you will gain a deeper understanding about negotiation of the business terms of various agreements that govern Technology Transfer in an academic university.
How to Apply:
In order to be considered for the program, please send all of the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, September 13, 2020:
- Fill out the Application Form
- Attach your CV
- A brief statement on the nature of your interest
Interviews may be conducted as needed.